Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ebay horror situation...opinions needed!

  1. #1
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Here's the pictures:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2114705358

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 01:12 PM: Message edited by: LordofthePumpkinPatch ]</font>

  2. #2
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Whoa, talk about ferocious! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Poor Kirsten, I would send keep her the way she is... she's kind of cute and unique the way she is!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1986 on the tag is a copyright date, not a date a manufacture.

    Most PM dolls don't have body tags.

  4. #4
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by MissMooMoo:
    1986 on the tag is a copyright date, not a date a manufacture.

    Most PM dolls don't have body tags.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I was thinking. Does her face look premattel? She was presented as an older doll.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She has that older doll look to me, but I am in no sense of the word an expert on the matter. A good way to tell is to look at her eyelashes. If they are soft she is most likely PM. That's the worst case of silver I have ever seen in a doll, I didn't know it could travel to the pupil [img]eek.gif[/img] . Reguardless of whether she is PM or not though, that bald spot was not listed, right? That alone puts the doll in the not as described category. Let us know how everything works out...she does have a cute face! Good luck
    Shanna

  6. #6
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Okay, I checked out the eyelashes, they are brownish and soft, just light my 91 Samantha, and totally different than a new Felicity. And her face looks almost exactly like my 91, and different in some ways then the new Felicty, with the facial features.

    My friend is totally in love with her, so she's not going back to the seller.

    But now what my friend is worried about is the tag descrepancy. The body tag that says 1986 Germany is confusing, because earlier dolls didn't have body tags. Could she have been to the dolly hospital? The tag on the dress is 1995. Bonnet is 96.

    Could the eye have actually come from PC that way? It seems a little poor quality control to me, but.....

    Thanks everyone for their help. I don't want to be a nag, but want to get this figured out, if possible. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    The thinning of the hair is something that can happen over time from repeated brushing. I've seen it a lot in older dolls. The silver eye is a factory flaw. I've never heard of them coming from the factory that way but it can happen suddenly, like overnight, or slowly over time. I had a Kirsten with 2 eyes that looked that bad. The body tag is PM. There were a lot of dolls that came with this and they were PM. The Mattel dolls' tags say made in China.

    By the way, the doll is beautiful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MissMooMoo:
    1986 on the tag is a copyright date, not a date a manufacture.

    Most PM dolls don't have body tags.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My understanding is that the 1986 West Germany body tags are manufacturer tags. Many doll bodies were made with those tags, and used with a variety of PM historical heads for several years till the bodies were gone. I have seen several early PM dolls with this body tags - my very early Felicity has one.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She looks early PM to me (not as old as my WB Kirsten, but close to another Kirsten I had for a while that was 1988)
    She may want to rewig her herself. At this point I can not recomend a replacement wig, since Kemper has discontinued the one that was almost identical to the one Kirsten came with.
    DO NOT purchase from Audrey's!!! They pretend to have them in stock, take your money and after over a month do not deliver the goods (they go to Kemper and they tell it's discontinued, and it takes a month to go back and forth!)
    Regarding the date on the clothing: obviously her wardrobe was put together a bit at a time (replacements?) since there are too many years between one thing and the other.

    Your friend can send her to AG to get the silver eye fixed without doing a change of head, however, the new eye will be the Mattel style.

    I hope this helps.

    BTW: love you imagestation nickname!

    Ana [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Ana, thanks for the tip about Audrey's. I've never bought from them but had heard lots of good things about them but I won't consider using them now. I think I'll stick to buying direct from the manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •